What Is “Celebrate” In Tagalog? (Answers)
CELEBRATE IN TAGALOG – This article will teach you about the Tagalog translation of the word “celebrate” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several English words that don’t have a direct translation in Filipino, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Celebrate”?
“Celebrate” is an English term that refers to someone who is doing something enjoyable because of a special occasion.
What is “Celebrate” in Tagalog?
“Celebrate” can be directly translated as “ipagdiwang”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- George wants to celebrate his birthday.
- Leah tells Mark that they will celebrate his birthday by going to the province.
- Ben and Betty celebrate their wedding anniversary at their home.
- Ella wants to celebrate the birth of her first child.
In Tagalog, these sentences could be translated as:
- Gusto ni George na ipagdiwang ang kanyang kaarawan.
- Sinabi ni Leah kay Mark na ipagdiriwang nila ang kanyang kaarawan sa pamamagitan ng pagpunta sa probinsya.
- Ipinagdiriwang nina Ben at Betty ang kanilang anibersaryo ng kasal sa kanilang bahay.
- Gusto ni Ella na ipagdiwang ang kapanganakan ng kanyang unang anak.
For other English-Tagalog translations, visit HERE.