What Is “Pinggan” In English? (Answers)
PINGGAN IN ENGLISH – This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “pinggan” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Pinggan”?
“Pinggan” is a Tagalog term that refers to a flat dish from which food is served or eaten.
What is “Pinggan” in English?
“Pinggan” can be directly translated as “plate”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Bumili ng maraming pinggan si Ana.
- Sinabihan ni Mark si Leah na hugasan ang pinggan sa lababo.
- Nakatanggap ng mamahaling pinggan sina Bea at Betty.
- Inihagis ni Patrick ang mga pinggan sa pader.
- Sinabihan ni Ella si George na huwag niyang gagamitin ang pinggang iyon.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- Ana bought many plates.
- Mark tells Leah to wash the plates in the sink.
- Bea and Betty received expensive platess.
- Patrick threw the plates against the wall.
- Ella tells George not to use that plate.
For other Tagalog-English translations, visit HERE.