Put A Sock In It Definition, Sentence Examples
PUT A SOCK IN IT MEANING – Find out what put a sock in it really means. Example sentences of this idiomatic expression can also be found here.
The phrase has its roots in British English, where individuals frequently use humor and sarcasm to communicate with one another in casual settings.
The phrase is more frequently used to address friends in a lighthearted, informal manner.
Put A Sock In It Meaning:
- to request that someone stop chatting
- to tell someone to stop talking
- to be silent
READ ALSO: Cut Both Ways Meaning & Sentence Examples
Here are examples of sentences that use put a sock in it:
- My cousin has a lot to say at all times and just cannot put a sock in it.
- The investigator had to put a sock in it when she went overboard with questioning the poor old man.
- The kids immediately put a sock in it when it is time for their mother to come home.
- I am going to put a sock in it until things are finalized.
READ ALSO: Break The News Meaning & Sentence Examples
Thanks for reading, I hope you learned something on this topic. Until the next topic only here at Newspapers.ph
Please like and follow/subscribe:
Newspapers YouTube Channel
Newspapers Facebook Page