What Is “Kulungan” In English? (Answers)
KULUNGAN IN ENGLISH – This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “kulungan” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Kulungan”?
“Kulungan” is a Tagalog term that refers to a building where people are legally held as a punishment for a crime they have committed. It also refers to a building where people accused of a crime are kept before their trial.
What is “Kulungan” in English?
“Kulungan” can be directly translated as “prison”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Labing-limang taon nang nasa kulungan si Angelo.
- Ayaw ni Danica na mapunta sa kulungan.
- Hindi makapaghintay si George na makalabas sa kulungan.
- Kakalabas lang ni Ella sa kulungang iyon.
- Nakalabas sina Ben at Bob sa kulungan pagkatapos ng 25 taon.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- Angelo was in prison for 15 years.
- Danica didn’t want to be sent to prison.
- George can’t wait to get out of prison.
- Ella has just been released from that prison.
- Ben and Bob got out of prison after 25 years.
For other English-Tagalog translations, visit HERE.