Can’t Judge A Book By Its Cover Definition, Sentence Examples
CAN’T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER – Find out what can’t (or don’t) judge a book by its cover really means. Example sentences of this idiomatic expression can also be found here.
You’ll speak English more confidently if you comprehend idioms. The spoken and written word are where idioms are most frequently found. Idiomatic proficiency enhances communication abilities.
Due to their widespread usage, idioms have a significant influence on vocabulary. Even a few words can convey a lot.
- The value or worth of someone or something cannot be determined by the way they appear on the outside.
- You cannot judge someone or something’s character based solely on how they appear.
- One cannot determine someone or something’s quality or character merely by looking at them.
- It is impossible to establish a judgment about someone or something just based on appearances.
READ ALSO: If You Scratch My Back, I’ll Scratch Yours Meaning & Sentence Examples
Here are examples of sentences that use can’t (or don’t) judge a book by its cover:
- The motorcycle looked unsuited for a long drive, but packed a lot of power and was very solid. You can’t judge a book by its cover.
- The resort looked attractive from the outside, but the rooms were dirty and not well maintained. You can’t judge a book by its cover!
- The candidate she introduced to me did not look very intelligent, but you can’t judge a book by its cover.
READ ALSO: Cover One’s Tracks Meaning & Sentence Examples
Thanks for reading, I hope you learned something on this topic. Until the next topic only here at Newspapers.ph
Please like and follow/subscribe:
Newspapers YouTube Channel
Newspapers Facebook Page