What Is “Basurahan” In English? (Answers)
BASURAHAN IN ENGLISH – This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “basurahan” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Basurahan”?
“Basurahan” is a Tagalog term that refers to a receptacle for small quantities of trash or garbage.
What is “Basurahan” in English?
“Basurahan” can be directly translated as “wastebasket”, “garbage container”, or “trash bin”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Inilalagay ni George ang kanyang basura sa basurahan.
- Nilukot ni Bea ang kanyang basura at itinapon sa basurahan.
- Naglalagay si Patrick ng mga scrap ng papel sa basurahan.
- Pinunit ni Carla ang papel at itinapon sa basurahan.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- George puts his garbage into the wastebasket.
- Bea crumpled her trash and pitched them into the trash bin.
- Patrick puts scraps of paper in the wastebasket.
- Carla tore up the paper and threw it into the garbage container.
For other Tagalog-English translations, visit HERE.