What Is “Decide” In Tagalog? (Answers)
DECIDE IN TAGALOG – This article will teach you about the Tagalog translation of the word “decide” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Decide”?
“Decide” is an English term that refers to coming to a resolution in the mind as a result of consideration.
What is “Decide” in Tagalog?
“Decide” can be directly translated as “magpasya”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Bea decided to marry Bob even though her parents didn’t want her to.
- Carla can’t understand why it’s taking Angelo so long to decide.
- Mark decided to give up city life and live in the province.
- Betty knew why Ben decided not to go on the picnic with her.
- Jerry decided not to do anything illegal.
In Tagalog, these sentences could be translated as:
- Nagpasya si Bea na pakasalan si Bob kahit na ayaw sa kanya ng kanyang mga magulang.
- Hindi maintindihan ni Carla kung bakit ang tagal magpasya ni Angelo.
- Nagpasya si Mark na talikuran ang buhay lungsod at manirahan sa probinsya.
- Alam ni Betty kung bakit nagpasya si Ben na huwag sumama sa kanya sa piknik.
- Nagpasya si Jerry na huwag gumawa ng anumang bagay na labag sa batas.
For other English-Tagalog translations, visit HERE.