What Is “Magastos” In English? (Answers)
MAGASTOS IN ENGLISH – This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “magastos” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Magastos”?
“Magastos” is a Tagalog term that refers to spending money.
What is “Magastos” in English?
“Magastos” can be directly translated as “spend”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Sinabihan ni Ana si Carlo na baka magastos niya ang lahat ng perang naipon niya.
- Inilagay ni Bob ang kanyang pera sa alkansiya upang hindi niya magastos ang mga ito.
- Ayaw ni Carla na magastos ang kaniyang pinag-ipunan.
- Sinabi ni Leah kay Marco na mas gugustuhin niyang magastos ang kanyang pera kaysa itabi ito.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- Ana told Carlo that he might spend all the money he saved.
- Bob put his money in a piggy bank so he wouldn’t spend it.
- Carla does not want her savings to be spent.
- Leah tells Marco that she would rather spend her money than save it.
For other Tagalog-English translations, visit HERE.