What Is “Dinner” In Tagalog? (Answers)
DINNER IN TAGALOG – This article will teach you about the Tagalog translation of the word “dinner” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Dinner”?
“Dinner” is an English term that refers to a meal eaten at night.
What is “Dinner” in Tagalog?
“Dinner” can be directly translated as “hapunan”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Carla was able to remember what she had eaten for dinner.
- Bob is eating dinner with his parents.
- Ana listens to the sound of the rain while eating dinner.
- Ben is busy making dinner for his family.
- Leah and Betty normally eat healthy foods every dinner.
In Tagalog, these sentences could be translated as:
- Naalala ni Carla ang kinain niya sa hapunan.
- Kumakain ng hapunan si Bob kasama ang kanyang mga magulang.
- Nakikinig si Ana sa tunog ng ulan habang kumakain ng hapunan.
- Abala si Ben sa paghahanda ng hapunan para sa kanyang pamilya.
- Karaniwang kumakain sina Leah at Betty ng masusustansyang pagkain tuwing hapunan.