What Is “Bisa” In English? (Answers)
BISA IN ENGLISH – This article will teach you about the English translation of the word “bisa” based on the context of the sentence.
There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
What is “Bisa”?
“Bisa” is a Tagalog term that refers to the degree to which something is successful in producing the desired result.
What is “Bisa” in English?
“Bisa” can be directly translated as “effectiveness” or “valid”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- Ang bisa ng patakarang ito ay hindi masusukat ng mga numero lamang.
- Walang bisa ang palusot ni Carla.
- Sinabi ni Ben kay Bob na ang bisa ng kanyang weightlifting routine ay matutukoy sa pamamagitan ng kanyang pagtaas sa lakas at mass ng kalamnan.
- Sinabi ni Leah kay Marco na walang bisa ang kontrata kung pipilitin niyang pirmahan ito.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- The effectiveness of this policy can’t be measured by numbers alone.
- Carla’s excuse was not valid.
- Ben told Bob that the effectiveness of his weightlifting routine will be determined by his increase in strength and muscle mass.
- Leah told Marco that the contract is invalid if he was forced to sign it.
For other Tagalog-English translations, visit HERE.