What Is “Ban” In Tagalog? (Answers)
BAN IN TAGALOG – There are several Filipino words that don’t have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context in order to fully translate them.
This article will teach you about the Tagalog translation of the word “ban” based on the context of the sentence.
What is “Ban”?
“Ban” is an English term that refers to forbidding something from being or happening
What is “Ban” in Tagalog?
“Ban” can be directly translated as “pagbabawal” or “ipagbawal”. The use of this word, however, may depend on the context of the sentence.
Here are some example sentences:
- There is a ban on smoking in this province.
- Marco is banned from entering the school premises.
- The government bans cigarette advertising on television.
- Smoking is banned in restaurants in this city.
In Tagalog, these sentences could be translated as:
- May pagbabawal sa paninigarilyo sa probinsiyang ito.
- Pinagbawalan si Marco na pumasok sa loob ng paaralan.
- Ipinagbabawal ng pamahalaan ang pag-advertise ng sigarilyo sa telebisyon.
- Ang paninigarilyo ay ipinagbabawal sa mga karinderya sa lungsod na ito.
For other English-Tagalog translations, visit HERE.