Bongbong Marcos said that he will finalize his 2022 plans after he was nominated as KBL’s presidential candidate.
Former senator Bongbong Marcos said that he will finalize his 2022 plans after he was nominated by the Kilusang Bagong Lipunan (KBL) as its presidential candidate.
The Kilusang Bagong Lipunan (KBL), a political party founded by former President Ferdinand Marcos, nominated Bongbong as its standard-bearer. He thanked them for nominating him as the party’s presidential candidate but he didn’t clearly accept it.
In a video message aired during KBL’s national convention held at Thunderbird Resort in Binangonan, Rizal, Bongbong thanked the party for the nomination and said that he hoped to achieve the ideals, dreams, and visions of his father for the Philippines.
“I am overwhelmed by the expressions of support and the endorsement you have given me today,” Bongbong said.
Meanwhile, Bongbong said in a separate online forum that while he’s still seeking alliances for the 2022 elections, he’s “very, very close to announcing” which national post he would seek.
According to him, there had been a “very big change” in the way they conduct their politics and everybody, including himself, was keeping things close to their chest.
Bongbong also said that he didn’t want to rush his decision for the 2022 elections, adding that he fully intend all the available time that he had in order to make a decision.
“I thank them (KBL) for that expression of support and trust they have bestowed. I don’t know that you can interpret it as an acceptance [of the nomination],” Bongbong said in the online Friday News Forum.