Here Are Some Examples Of Original Tagalog Folk Songs
FOLK SONGS – In this article, we are going to learn about some examples of Tagalog Folk Songs of famous Filipino composers.
Folks songs are an integral part of the Philippines’ culture and tradition. Moreover, they are considered as a gateway to the past, showing how Filipinos lived during the simpler, days of old.
Most Filipino folk songs are used as children’s rhymes. However, it still shows a narrative that mirrors the lifestyle of our ancestors. As such, art such as this needs to be preserved and celebrated.
Here are some examples of Tagalog Folk Songs:
- Ang Gatas At Ang Itlog (The Milk and The Eggs)
- Umupo Po Kayo (Have a Seat, Please!)
- Isa, Dalawa, Tatlo (One, Two, Three)
- Awit Sa Bukid (A Field Song)
- Bahay Kubo (Nipa Hut)
- Leron, Leron Sinta (My Dear Little Leron)
- Ti Meysa Nga Ubing (The Love of a Young Girl – Lyrics in Llocano)
- Ili-ili Tulog Anay (Lullaby)
- Magtanim Ay Di Biro (Planting Rice)
- Atin Ku Pung Sinsing (Once I had a Ring – Lyrics in Panpango)
Thanks for reading. We aim to provide our readers with the freshest and most in-demand content. Come back next time for the latest news here on Newspapers.ph.