Several People Were Announced Dead After Drinking Hand Sanitiser
DRINKING HAND SANITISER – Several people were dead after drinking hand sanitizer with two more in a coma.
In Russia, seven people died due to alcohol poisoning from ingesting hand sanitizer. According to reports, the party goers ran out of alcohol, so some people decided to take a shot at the only available product.
Based on a report from Ladbible, nine people drank an antiseptic hand wash at a party in Tomtor Village, Tattinsky district. The first victims were a 41-year-old woman, and two men aged 27 and 59.
Following this, six others were air-lifted to the regional capital Yakutsk. Sadly, on Friday, three more men died with the last death reported on Saturday.
As per the article, local media reports stated:
“Nine cases of poisoning with sanitizer have been registered, including seven that were fatal…
The poisoning took place as a result of drinking sanitizer“
Partygoers drank a sanitizer that contained 69 percent methanol, a substance which is toxic for the human body. Meanwhile, in the United States, three people died and one became permanently blind after drinking hand sanitizer.
Thanks for reading. We aim to provide our readers with the freshest and most in-demand content. Come back next time for the latest news here on Newspapers.ph.
Like this article? READ ALSO: Pfizer, BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine Could Get UK Approval This Week — Report