House Prosecutor Speaks on Sara Duterte Impeachment Trial w/ Tentative Schedule in July
SARA DUTERTE IMPEACHMENT TRIAL – A House prosecutor stressed that the Vice President appearing at the trial “would say a lot”.
It is no secret to the public that Vice Pres. Sara Duterte has yet to return to the Philippines until now. She immediately flew to The Hague, Netherlands to support former Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte when the he was arrested and his custody was transferred to the International Criminal Court.

The elder Duterte is currently detained in the Hague Penitentiary Institution. According to the Vice President, she hopes to be able to set the legal team of the former President before she returns to the Philippines. She stressed that FPRRD wants her to immediately return to the country.

Vice Pres. Sara Duterte said that their family has never been more united than now when her father is faced with an ICC case. According to her, she now has a father-daughter relationship with the former President and they got the chance to talk about life and their family.

Amid the renewed relationship between the former President and the Vice President, countless people are checking on updates if the Sara Duterte impeachment trial will push through or not. It was previously given a tentative schedule setting July 30 as the proposed start of the trial in the Senate.
Vice Pres. Sara Duterte assured that her legal team for her impeachment trial was set even before the arrest of former Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte. Recently, a House prosecutor claimed that while the Vice President is allowed not to attend the trial, her presence would mean a lot.
“VP Sara can choose to attend or not to attend the impeachment trial. As long as she is represented by her counsel during the trial, the trial can proceed… But remember, her personal appearance would say a lot with respect to her accountability, with respect to transparency in the trial,” Deputy Majority Leader and Iloilo 3rd District Representative Lorenz Defensor said.
Based on a report on GMA News, Defensor is one of the House prosecution panel composed of 11 members. He stressed that what the people wants to hear is her explanation on how the confidential and intelligence funds were used.
“A straight answer from her would answer all the questions,” the House prosecutor said.
According to Iloilo 3rd District Representative Lorenz Defensor, the House prosecution panel is 80% ready for the Sara Duterte impeachment trial. They have also conducted a mock trial.
Previously, there were rumors and speculations that the assets of the Duterte family may be frozen amid the ongoing ICC case of their patriarch. Vice Pres. Sara Duterte has spoken on a possible freeze order.